To request a temporary service connection, please call (562) 570-2419
Temporary water services, whether from a fire hydrant, recycled water filling station, or otherwise are installed at the discretion of the Department for the convenience and use by individuals, contractors and companies doing work of a limited duration.
Please consider the following when applying:
- Location of water use site is required.
- Company checks accepted. No personal checks. Checks must clear before meter is installed.
- Application requires Federal Tax ID #, Long Beach Business License #, and Business Card.
- Contractor is responsible to lock and secure meter.
- Prior to being approved for a recycled water connection, truck drivers or site supervisors must attend a short (15 minute) tailgate training.
- Please anticipate 48 hours for application processing.
Charges for Temporary Potable Water Service Connections (On Fire Hydrant or Other Connection)
|3″ meter||>3″ meter|
|Install and Remove||$ 180||$ 360|
|Relocate||$ 180||$ 360|
|Monthly Meter Rent (not pro-rated)||$ 60||$ 200|
|Meter Minimum Deposit (based on meter cost)||$ 1,200||$ 1,800|
|Backflow Device Minimum Deposit||$ 500||*|
*Customer must provide own backflow Minimum required total deposit is $1,700
Charges for Temporary Recycled Water Service Connections (On Recycled Water Filling Station)
|Install and Remove||$ 90|
|Monthly Meter Rent (not pro-rated)||$ 60|
|Meter Minimum Deposit (based on meter cost)||$ 1,200|
Minimum required total deposit is $1,200