WHAT TO SUBMIT:
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of your fire sprinkler plans approved by Long Beach Fire Department (LBFD)
LBFD address: 3205 Lakewood Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90808
Phone: (562) 570-2568
- Note that your approved plans must show a backflow prevention device approved by LBWD’s Engineering Development Service Counter. Please call (562) 570-2419 for backflow prevention requirements and devices.
- For schools, colleges, and universities, please submit a copy of the fire sprinkler plans approved by the State Fire Marshal.
- For applicable fees, see LBWD Rules & Regulations(Appendix A on Pages 77-78). The installation fixed fee is based on the size of the meter being requested. Prepare a check for the required amount made payable to Long Beach Water Department.
LEAD TIME & OTHER INFORMATION:
- The typical processing and installation time for your service is approximately 8-10 weeks.
- LBWD will prepare a design drawing for the proposed service installation based on the approved fire sprinkler plans. Prior to design drawing approval, a preconstruction meeting between you and LBWD will be scheduled. You will be required to sign off on the location of your meter at the pre-construction meeting.
- Once installation of the fire service is completed, backflow prevention device certification and turn on will be scheduled with LBWD Meter Shop. Allow 1-2 weeks from the request date.
For any questions related to your service installation request, please contact us at: